We Play To Win
We Play To Win
We Play To Win
David P. Page
- General Civil Litigation
- Environmental Law
David was born in Fresno, California. He grew up in California living in Fresno, Bakersfield, Concord, and Belmont. He graduated from Carlmont High School and went on to attend San Jose State University graduating with a double major in Religious Studies and Political Science.
After college, David enrolled at the University of Tulsa College of Law and graduated with honors, Order of the Curule Chair. While in law school, David was a research assistant for Professors Frizzell, Lowe, and Allison at the National Energy Law and Policy Institute (NELPI). After graduation, David joined the firm of Boone, Smith, Davis, Hurst, and Minter in Tulsa, Oklahoma. At Boone Smith, David's practice focused on litigation in Oklahoma State and Federal Courts representing various companies and individuals.
During his time with the Boone Smith Law Firm, David developed an expertise in environmental law and litigation. He further developed that expertise as a partner at the Gardere and Wynne Law Firm. His practice since 1985 has involved all aspects of environmental law and litigation. He has represented clients in many States and handled matters for clients before the U.S. EPA in Regions I, II, IV, VI, VII and IX. During his 37 years of practice, he has appeared as counsel before environmental state agencies and in federal and state courts in more than twenty states.
David has represented numerous corporate and individual clients over his career including American Airlines (where he served as National Environmental Counsel), Phillips Petroleum Company, Oxy USA, Newspaper Printing Corporation, The Tulsa World, the Cities of Blackwell, Bartlesville, Bethany, and Chattanooga, Oklahoma, and the State of Oklahoma (in its case against the poultry industry for pollution of the Illinois River Watershed). In his role representing the State of Oklahoma, David served as part of the lead trial team focusing his attention on the presentation and cross-examination of expert testimony.
David is a member of the Oklahoma and Arkansas Bar Associations and is admitted to practice before all state and federal courts in Oklahoma and all state courts in Arkansas. He has served as a Barrister and Master of the Hudson/Hall/Wheaton Chapter of the American Inns of Court and has an AV rating from Martindale Hubbell. David is a regular guest lecturer at the University of Tulsa College of Law and at Oklahoma State University and is a member of the University of Tulsa College of Law Sustainable Energy and Resource Law Advisory Board. He is married to Tracy Ann (Hogan) Page, and they have two adult children, Emily and Nathan. David has taught adult Sunday school classes all of his adult life and is currently teaching adult Sunday school classes at the First United Methodist Church in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
- University of Tulsa College of Law, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- J.D. - 1984
- Honors: With Honors
- Honors: Order of the Curle Chair
- San Jose State University, San Jose, California
- B.A. - 1978
- Major: Religious Studies
- Major: Political Science
- Sigma Chi
- Oklahoma, 1981
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Oklahoma, 1981
- U.S. District Court Western District of Oklahoma, 1999
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Oklahoma, 2004
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit, 1982
- American Airlines
- The State of Oklahoma
- The City of Blackwell, Oklahoma
- Osteopathic Founders Foundation
- Occidental Petroleum Corporation
- Newspaper Printing Corporation (Tulsa, OK)
- Pratt Industries (USA)
- Tulsa Rig Iron
- Whitlock Packaging Corp.
- Eastern OK Conf. of the Pentacostal Holiness Church
- Sun Co., Inc.(R&M) v. Browning- Ferris, Inc., 926 F. Supp. 170, 1996, N.D.Okla.
- State v. Digger Slot Machines, 802 P. 2d 652, 1990, Okla.App.
- Burk v. K - Mart Corp., 770 P. 2d 24, 1989, Okla.
- Grayson v. American Airlines, 864 F. 2d 712, 1989, 10th Cir.
- . International Union. U.A.W., AFL-CIO, CLC, v. Rockwell Intrnational Corp., 670 F. Supp. 917, 1987, N.D. Okla.
- Metro Christian Academy, General Counsel
- Hospice of Green Country, Board Chairman, 1995 to 1996
- First Christian Church (Tulsa, OK), Board of Trustees/ Elder, 1987 to 1992
- The University of Tulsa College of Law Public Policy Institute, Board of Visitors, 1997
- Abiding Harvest UMC (Tulsa, Oklahoma), Board of Trustees, 2005
- Tulsa Urban League, Board of Directors, 1994 to 1996
- Covenant Point Family Ministries ( US V.I.), Advisory Board, 1998
- American, Oklahoma and Tulsa County Bar Associations, Member
- Oklahoma Bar Association, Environmental Law Section
- Arkansas Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Litigation and Environmental & Natural Resources Law Sections
- Nuisance Per Se and The Operation Of High Pressure Gas Pipelines In Louisiana, Oklahoma and Texas, The Oklahoma Bar Journal/ OBA, Vol.52 - No.42, 1981
- Risk Based Corrective Action and Intrinsic Remediation - Good News and Bad (With J.B. Fisher), Energy Week 97 Conference and Exhibition, Houston, Texas, 1997
- "Environmental Concerns for Design Professionals", Tulsa, Oklahoma
- "Environmental Developments Affecting Air Carriers", National Safety Council Congress, Orlando, Florida
- "The Impact of Bankruptcy Law on CERCLA Liability and Other Environmental Laws", OBA, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Classes and Seminars
- "Civil and Criminal Liability for the Corporate Officer, Manager and Environmental Professional", Air Transportation Association Engineering Conference, Pittsburg, Pennsylvania
- "Negotiating Risk based Corrective Actions", International Petroleum Environmental Conference, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- "Risk Based Corrective Action for Underground Storage Tanks", Mealey's UST Litigation Conference, Amelia Island, Florida
Pro Bono Activities
- Master and Barrister of the Hudson/Hall/Wheaton Chapter of the American Inns of Court
- First United Methodist Church, Tulsa
- Boone Smith Davis Hurst & Dickman, Associate/Partner, 1981 to 1993
- Gardere & Wynne, Partner, 1993 to 1998
- Crump, Tolson & Page, Partner, 1998 to 2002
- The Drummond Law Firm, Of Counsel, 2002 to 2004
- Miller Keffer & Bullock, Of Counsel, 2004 to 2006
- Martindale Hubbell AV Preeminent Rating
- Served as Barrister and Master of the Hudson/Hall/Wheaton Chapter of the American Inns of Court
- Guest Lecturer in Environmental Law & Litigation at University of Tulsa College of Law and Oklahoma State University
- Gary Kennedy, Senior Vice President/ General Counsel American Airlines
- Robert Curtis, Manager, American Airlines (Tulsa, OK)
- Kelly Burch, Esq. (Environmental Unit Chief OK Atty Gen)
- Sherri Wise, President, Oesteopathic Founders Foundation, Tulsa , OK
- Heather Skinazi, Esq. , Occidental Petroleum Corporation
- Elliott Heide, Esq. , Occidental Petroleum Corporation
- Kenneth S. Fleming (West Palm Beach, FL)
- Trevor Young (President, Tulsa Rig Iron)
- Walt Sacilowski, Executve Vice President Operations, Whitlock Packaging Corp.
- Randall Drake, Superintendent, New Horison Ministries